Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Pride & Insignificance

Image result for tears
Picture provided by: Pintrest.com
You came in drunk last night
And I let you down talk me
Like a fool, I took it
But like a saint, I held my tongue
Keeping inside those things I may regret

I'm weighted down
By the anvils of misery you impose
I want to run
But the strength of my devotion
Keeps me anchored to you
Why?

I dredge through the sludge of sorrow
You seem to promise
Trying to save you,
But hoping you'll turn around
And save me too

The pain inflicted by your words
Seeps down into my every pore
I can feel them bleeding tears of agony
Every time you remind me
How you view my presence so insignificantly

Pride is a powerful tool
And its taken over your mind
But I'm bound to the man you used to be
Hoping he'll show up at any time
I guess this is the anchor which keeps me by your side

One day though,
This well of tears will wash up
Then go dry
And everything I hold back
Will come out
From the places they hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama’s Advice

Picture provided by: cosmopolitanme.com   My Mama may have been right…..  But I won’t tell her though She warned me about you Loving you Let...