Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Infamous Murderer

Apparently George Zimmerman is back in the news trying to cling to every last extended fifteen minutes of infamousy he can get.  According to witnesses, he had been in a restaurant with a friend bragging about being Trayvon Martin's killer.  When authorities were called, Zimmerman said that he had been attacked while having a conversation with another patron in the restaurant, but on further investigation, and witness testimony, he was actually heard giving the patron a compliment on his tattoos, and trying to gain recognition by saying, "I'm George Zimmerman, you know, the one who killed Trayvon Martin."

I don't know if he expected to get a high five for that, but what I do know is that another patron walked up, upon hearing him, and punched him in the face. Now it must be said that my first thought was, "that's what he gets!"  Then I thought again about my position as a Christian, which comes before anything in this world.  Christ teaches us to love our enemies, even to pray for them-which is an expression of love.  How hard it is though, to do something so simple for someone who seems so blatantly evil.

I can't say I'm at that point right now, but I can say I feel sorry for him...  What a pity to live life so consumed with the devil's emotions. It is what our TRUE enemy feeds off of (the devil of course- and you will not see me capitalize his name. EVER!), yet people buy into every day. HATE.

Motives, that's the key word.  So many judge the outward appearances, even outward actions as if those alone define the situation; but it is the motive, a condition of the heart, that is judged by God. This is where I believe George Zimmerman fails continuously.

Since making the news, and his first claim the infamousy back in 2012, there has been nothing but a string of negative coverage for this man. His brute temper has been exposed in a series of battery charges, one which caused his wife, who stood by him during his murder trial, to pack her bags and leave.

Does he truly feel that taking the life of an unarmed young man who was just approaching the prime of his life, and could have lead an amazing one full of promise, is a note worthy deed? If so, where do his motives lie?  What is the condition of his heart since there seems to be no conviction on the inside telling him what he did was wrong?  He walks around as if he's done the world a favor, and yet I wonder if it was his own son taken out, would he still feel the need to gloat?

Here-in lies the reason for my pity. It seems as though the condition of his heart is in much worse shape than his face must have been after the angry patron got through with him.  Many have used the term I'm about to express (about George Zimmerman), and often so loosely its almost cliche'. Still, it does not make it any less true...  He needs Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama’s Advice

Picture provided by: cosmopolitanme.com   My Mama may have been right…..  But I won’t tell her though She warned me about you Loving you Let...