Friday, August 20, 2010

Black People

My people. Black people. I love you from the bottom of my heart, but we don't have to assimilate ourselves to the culture of others in order to be apart.


We built this nation too, with our hands, and on our feet. Some of us going down in the struggle, being sought after and beat.

Our voices have been heard, and yes we do count. There's proof of that sitting right there in the White House.

He didn't perpitrate a fraud, or wear a blonde arm piece to get where he did. And though he's not all black, he claims it proudly, and doesn't base his image off of what other people think or have said.

Just because white rhymes with right, doesn't mean that it is. Not for us any way. Our strengh should come from who we are, not what other people say.
When God formed us in the belly of our mother's wombs, with our dark skin, textured hair, and defined noses, He was privy to what He did. He said His work was good, and I agree one hundred percent.

We SHOULD be proud of the GOOD in our look, our culture, and trends. Once I heard a preacher say, "My hair is good hair! When the wind blows, it does not shift or bend..."

Black men stop using the negative aspects of your women, which can be found in ANY woman, as an excuse date on the other side. Black women don't blame the black man when you turn away, not all of them leave, or do things to make us cry.

They say love sees no color, but of that I do not believe. 'Twas said in ignorance, because I say, love sees color and appreciates the beauty of its difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama’s Advice

Picture provided by: cosmopolitanme.com   My Mama may have been right…..  But I won’t tell her though She warned me about you Loving you Let...