Friday, September 23, 2016

Butterfly Dreams




Just when the Caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a Butterfly ~♛
Photo provided by: Pintrest.com

In as shell    
Trapped inside
I grow to learn
That I must hide
Inside these dreams
And longings to be
Set free to become
My true me
I wait for a crack
An opening of light
To give me hope
To continue to fight
What of these dreams
I have every day?
Are they to be lost
And washed away?
The light has not come
All hope seems yet lost
I am left to wonder
If its all worth the cost
Then I hear this sound
A grinding roar
My hidden world erupts
Fear draws me to the floor
Should I stay well hidden
Inside this dark shell?
Being trapped seems to fit
I have freedom to not fail
But the urge, it still haunts me
Its grip is still strong
If I'm to escape
I must carry on
The roaring won't stop
Filling my pit with its noise
"The time is now here!"
Cries this bittersweet voice
I hear this great boom
As light fills my space
The warmth of its beams
Caresses my face
I stretch my whole body
And burst through the shell
Crawling out to a freedom
I crave to know so well
Inside of this liberty
I'm overwhelmed all the more
My wing-span is boundless
And my dreams, they can soar
This colorful beauty
Is mine all alone
I've finally made it
I can fly, I am home...


*To those who want to fly, but think they can't... You will...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama’s Advice

Picture provided by: cosmopolitanme.com   My Mama may have been right…..  But I won’t tell her though She warned me about you Loving you Let...