Friday, November 4, 2016

Vote



Yesterday I voted and just as I said I would do, I wrote in a candidate.  My husband told me that I wasted my vote, but I don't feel I did.  Change starts as small and simple as a whisper; or in my case, on e ballot.  If it had not been for those in our history bold enough to be willing to let their one voice be heard above the many, we would still be sitting still, steeped in the ashes of our faults.

Whether we move forward or backward in our society depends on the people we place in leadership.  It seems other countries get this, but the "world leader," America, seems to lack enough people with the courage to fight back against its governmental injustices.  For those who are willing, they are quickly shut down by advertisements and support groups who show how "fairly" they treat the people versus the truth in their crimes. Some how those get covered up under the blanket of making the persecuted look like the real villains.  This happens through mass media, and the not so subtle subliminal messages in television and theater.

I'll bet most citizens didn't even know there were candidates outside of Clinton and Trump running for the office of president. I myself never really paid much attention, because they aren't spotlighted in the news.  Gary Johnson represents the Libertarian Party and Jill Stein represents the Green Party.  They have accounts of what direction they think this country should go in as well.  They debate serious issues, one of which are in the headlines.  Why not?  I want to hear what they have to say as well.  This way I can have all the information I need in order to make an unbiased vote when I go to the polls.

That's the way its supposed to be right? I wish!  You'll find people, few and far between, who are are willing to vote unbiased, and most of the time those who say they are, are probably lying. Voting unbiased sounds cute, sweet, and politically correct, but even the best of us have a preference which clouds our ability to hear any part of what another candidate has to say as long as they are not members of our own party.    This is why you see so many former Republican presidential candidates, who staunchly spoke out against Donald Trump and his policies, suddenly advertising in his favor.  They've mysteriously had a change of heart over night and now support the man and his mess.

You see what I did right there?  I just showed you my own bias.  Because even though I don't consider myself either Republican or Democrat, I would still like to think that I'm considering a leader based on his principles and not his party.

Whatever happened to Ralph Nader?  Is he still alive?  As far as I know he is the only Independent Party candidate who never gave up running in each election no matter how bad the defeat.  I have to respect a man like that. He was willing to, despite the odds, keep moving forward so his voice will be heard.  Will anyone else be willing to do that come November 8th? You may not be running for president, but you still have a voice.  Change starts with one person, then snowballs into something big enough to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama’s Advice

Picture provided by: cosmopolitanme.com   My Mama may have been right…..  But I won’t tell her though She warned me about you Loving you Let...