Saturday, May 15, 2021

HPD & FBPD: Legal Criminals & Unlawful Arrest

Pic provided by: www.braysoaksmd.com
As I'm writing this, I wait on the call from my son. Just down the road from the detention center keeping him in a holding cell of which he should not even be. That's right, my black son has been arrested & thrown in jail. For what? Not even he knows, but when I looked it up, the charge was listed as speeding. 

 I am a quiet storm, angrily waiting, while I hold my peace; for now. You see, this is not the first time this has happened to him. No, my young black king, who is slow to anger, stays out of trouble, & minds his own business, was pulled out of his own parked car, hand cuffed & thrown into the back of a police cruiser just last year. Why? The officer made the claim that he had stolen his own car. And when proof was shown that he was the lawful owner, the officer's excuse was that he must've gotten the wrong information. This system we call justice has proven itself enough to me to show it cannot be trusted. 

Who do we turn to to keep us safe when the ones who get paid to do it get their jollies off treating those with darker skin like animals? One thing I am tired of doing is standing idly by while my people, MY SON, & my skin are made to look like criminals by the Amerikkkan injustice system! Where are we really safe? Not in the streets, not out in society, & certainly not out in "quiet" neighborhoods where our skin has people questioning if we can even afford to be there. 

When I was young, I remember being called a nigger by a six-year old white boy while I skated around at the roller rink with my friend. We were minding our own business, and this boy felt it his obligation to attempt to degrade us. 

As a college student in my teens, I was fully violated, frozen under the glare of an officer's flashlight. He kept the beam purposefully centered on my private parts, and I could do nothing but sit there & be exposed. Fear had gripped my vocal chords, and though his partner was just a few steps away, I knew I could not rely on him to rescue me. They were a "brotherhood," and his focus would have been more on having his partner's back than protecting my behind. So, I sat there and took my visual raping from an officer of the law.... 

My aim, when I had my sons, was to protect them from corrupt law enforcement, but no matter how educated, how disciplined, or unassuming I taught them to be, I still could not protect them from these LEGAL CRIMINALS. The more we fight for change, the harder they push back to keep us shackled to their impudent ideas of who we are. Its a very lofty way of thinking for those who move around town in vehicles which state, "to protect & serve, & In God We Trust." Please! 

One of the very first things you learn as a leader, in any capacity, is that your job is to serve others; not yourself. If you want to treat mine like animals, I am here to put you on notice.... You have awakened the beast. Houston Police Department & Fort Bend Police Department, you all should start weeding out the rubbish, because citizens like me, will get tired of letting the bad seeds among you keep running us over. I DON'T PLAY ABOUT MINE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama’s Advice

Picture provided by: cosmopolitanme.com   My Mama may have been right…..  But I won’t tell her though She warned me about you Loving you Let...