Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Weaknesses

I wish my weakness would just leave me alone
Sometimes I just feel like it'll never go home
As soon as I think I've got it in check
It comes and proclaims, "No girl, I'm back."

If I could only escape it for one moment of peace
My thoughts could collect enough for me to get back to me
But as I grow further into life's ups and downs
This weakness jumps out and demands to be found

I wake in the morning, all snug in my bed
And as soon as I open my eyes, weakness bears its dirty head
Its a battle I can't win all on my own
'Cause weakness has speed dialed my life right into its phone

I say to myself, "look at her, she looks like she's got it all together in these streets."
Knowing deep down, comparison and confidence are natural born enemies
Besides that I know, someone could be thinking that about me
Fighting to cleave to the good in thier identities

Me and old weakness, yeah we fight every day
Constantly struggling to move the other away
Thank God,  my Jesus took one for the team
Now I'm totally set free from the weaknesses that bound me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama’s Advice

Picture provided by: cosmopolitanme.com   My Mama may have been right…..  But I won’t tell her though She warned me about you Loving you Let...