Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lynched

Yesterday I was working out at the gym and happened to glance up. There before me flashed a picture of a man hanging. He had been lynched. The sad part was, there was a little girl standing next to this lynched man (along w/male adults) smiling!


Coming from a race of people who cringe when they hear the word lynch, I have to say this is truly appalling to be happening in the present day, no matter what part of the world its in.

I didn't get too many details about the story, so I'm trying to do some research, but I was shocked into a stupor for a moment.

We can try to say this society has grown away from Jim Crow, but the sore still remains, just not as prevalent. Just a little over a decade ago there was the lynching and dragging death of James Byrd Jr. in Jasper, TX, and in 2008 the body of Brandon McClelland was found mutilated and dismembered in Paris, TX. This happened after he was picked up by two white men in a dodge truck.  So the world has not moved along much, it just seems to do a better job at covering up the sore.

I can speak out all I want about the nation taking full responsibility for its ignorant citizens, but there is no way to change the minds of those who choose to wallow in their so-called superiorism. Do you notice though, that a lot of the white supremacist usually don't have much going on in their lives, so they have to try and be better than somebody else, because when they look at the sadness of their situation, they feel they have no other choice? GET A LIFE!!! Then maybe you can stop worrying about other people because of their differences.

Read the story on Brandon McClelland at: http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_5348.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama’s Advice

Picture provided by: cosmopolitanme.com   My Mama may have been right…..  But I won’t tell her though She warned me about you Loving you Let...